2013年2月19日星期二

Xbox Live

XBox’s secondary critical problem is that the device OS and almost the entire user experience outside the first two levels of the XBOX 360 controller dashboard are creaky, slow, and full-of-shit. From built-in update and storage features to what they have allowed through negligence to appear in games, here are just a few of my favorite confusing and exhausting screens and messages:Daddy, what’s a Hard Drive? Why do I keep having to choose Hard Drive when I’m playing Kinectimals? Why XBOX 360 Gadgets does Kinectimals take 10m before I can start playing? Can I use the iPad while it’s updating or whatever it’s doing?I'm too dumb to update safely. I'm to dumb to know if more updates or restarts may, may, may, may be needed.Hi, I’m xBox. I’m too dumb to update safely. I’m to dumb to know if more updates or restarts may, may, may, may be needed.I'm too dumb to know if it's a game or an app. Why should I choose where Silicone cases for XBOX 360 controller you put it?xBox: I’m also too dumb to know if it’s a game or an app. Me: Why should I choose where you put it?4MB, thanks for that info. Wait, what? What are the consequences of being signed out of Xbox Live if I update?Me: 4MB. Gee, thanks for that info. Wait, what? What are the consequences of being signed out of Xbox Live if I update?My all-time favorite: each game dreams up an indicator that it uses while writing your save-game data. Saving securely without needing UI sure doesn't seem like a system-level service Microsoft should provide.My all-time favorite: each game dreams up an indicator that it uses while writing your save-game data. Saving securely (e.g. atomically) without needing UI sure doesn’t seem like a system-level service Microsoft should wii controller have provided for xBox in 2003.Every time I leave a game, even right after saving in the game, the system presents me with this little scare. Every. Single. Time.Every time I leave a game, even right after saving in the game, the system presents me with this little scare that I may lose progress. Every. Single. Time.These messages and many others – impossible Xbox Live sign-in and password recovery, accounting/membership, to name just a few – are made all the worse by the huge amount of time that passes while waiting for content to load. You don’t turn on your xBox to play a game quickly — it takes multiple minutes to load, flow through its splash screens, and then get you playing. It doesn’t surprise me that most people spend more time watching videos or listening to music on xBox, because it takes too long to screw around PS3 Controller with discs and wait for games to load.These are the 2 fronts Microsoft is going to lose on in the living room battle with Android & iOS. 745TDBanty 130219

没有评论:

发表评论